My name is Hannah, 20 years old from Warrington, England and currently studying for a psychology degree at Sheffield University. Anyway, welcome to my little life, please have a browse :)
you know how in some movies the bride/groom calls off the wedding to be with the person they truly love and then they live happily ever after well it’s pretty shitty that the person they were getting married to doesn’t actually get a happy ending but no one seems to care about it to the point that he/she is not even mentioned afterwards as if that person didn’t exist or had feelings at all yeah just a thought
5 Things I Will Tell My Future Daughter
1) Be who you are. Gay, straight, pansexual, asexual, questioning, anything. I will love you for who you are, not your mistakes, victories, choices, or regrets. I will love you and support you because there is nothing wrong with who you are. You are the most beautiful person I’ve ever known.
2) Don’t listen to anyone who tells you you’re not good enough, even yourself. You are so much more than “enough”. You are strong; you exceed. The world’s standards are skewed; you are above all expectations. There is so much good in you, even if it doesn’t feel like it.
3) Pretty isn’t everything. You are so much more than pretty. You have a golden heart, even if it feels buried sometimes. You are sunshine and thunder. Never let anyone base you off appearance. You have a terrifying and beautiful mind, and you can do anything.
4) Darkness might creep into your heart, but don’t let it get comfortable. Always know you deserve happiness, and you deserve life.
5) I am here for you no matter what. There is nothing you could ever say that would make me think less of you. I will never judge you, and I will never tell you what is best for you. Only you know that, deep in your heart. Just know I’m always here for advice, support, and love. If I offend you, tell me. Don’t lock away your feelings or thoughts like I sometimes did. They will eat you alive. Remember that I know what pain feels like, and I can help. I love you.
(I’ve been thinking, and if I ever have a daughter, I will make sure she knows these things better than the alphabet.)”
i don’t understand why people don’t instantly respond to “what would your dream superpower be” with the ability to manipulate probability.
think about it. what’s the chance someone will drop 1mil in front of me? 0%? let’s make that 100%. what’s the probability i’ll wake up tomorrow and be X gender? 100%. what’s the probability my bathtub is filled with mac and cheese? 100%.
as a casino employee I can confirm this would be terrifying as fuck
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.”
Rape prevention tips
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
this is absolutely and completely amazing(via gayisthenewokay)
"you shouldn’t be depressed, people have it worse than you"
finally, after years of searching, the person with the worst life ever is found. formally, they are granted permission to be sad. but only them. only they have earned it. no sads for anyone else at all ever